The Catch Cable System is considered one of the best defensive systems available on the market, and is a perfect solution to prevent casualties and injury from glass in the event of a blast attack.
The Cable system meets the GSA level D requirements. The system has been tested in live blast tests and is able to withstand blast pressures of 15 psi & 115 psi*msec.
In an explosion, the filmed, fragmented glass deflects from the flexible, energy absorbing cable, and collapses, leaving occupants unharmed.
Advantages of the system:
- The system is installed on the existing windows and offers one of the best protections against blast loads.
- The window will remain transparent and the system will not change the appearance of the building.
- The system is installed without any constructive change to the building. Therefore it is available at a significantly lower cost than any other available solution.
- The system has been approved by several governments worldwide
- GK Solutions can install the system, in occupied buildings without significantly disrupting work flow.
- The system is extremely durable with no need for maintenance.
Retrofits on existing or new openings, providing unobtrusive protection without the need for heavy glazing units or massive framing. Installation involves minimal disruption, and does not alter the external appearance of the building.